Here is the link to the Tomato Soup recipe.
Here is how I adapted some parts:
"1 tablespoon tomato paste" - I use the whole little can (unless you have another use for the rest of it, I usually don't).
"1/4 cup heavy cream" - I use 1/4 cup soy milk, just mix really well at the end, tastes great (we don't normally buy milk/cream so the rest of the carton would go to waste).
vegetable stock instead of chicken stock (duh! why would anyone put chicken stock in tomato soup? yuck!)
When leftover soup starts sounding blah, you can toast and cut up an "everything" bagel to dip- SOOOO GOOD!! : )
THANKS, Helen Jane! It looks great. I will have to give it a try this week. The ingredients sound much better than what I got from the Joy of Cooking. Mom ox z
ReplyDeleteThe soup it GREAT! I made it last night. Mom ox z
ReplyDelete