Sunday, March 8, 2009

Carrot Salad


I don't know, is anyone reading the blog? I thought I would spice things up a little...

This is a great summertime recipe. It is a cold carrot salad. You can use fresh carrots which you peel and slice them on the diagonal or one of those bags of prepeeled baby carrots that are used for dip platters.

The amounts are all random, depending on how much you want to make:

carrots

pepper

onion

tomato sauce or pureed tomatoes

worcestershire sauce

1 teaspoon sugar

vinegar 

oregano, paprika, salt and pepper

• parboil carrots until tender/crisp... not fully cooked

• drain and add chopped pepper and onion as much as you like

• add tomato sauce to cover but not too soupy

• add 1 tablespoon or more of worcestershire sauce, vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano to taste

• mix well and chill

3 comments:

  1. I am going to post my recipes as soon as I figure out how to "blog"! Currently cooking "Ramen with Hot Sauce", I'll provide more details soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat hearty, Joe! Can't wait for that recipe!!!
    Mom ox z

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The amounts are all random, depending on how much you want to make"

    Do you think Martha Stewart blogs like this?? Nevermind the lurid picture...no warning? Some of us have young children in the house and would like a warning before a picture of young, hard-bodied carrot-men pop up on the screen!

    ReplyDelete