Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spoon Bread



At least that's what I think it is! It was close to supper last night when I wanted to make corn muffins and there wasn't enough time before the food was ready and then I remembered this which I haven't made in years.

1/2 cup corn meal

1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/6 cup of sugar

1 egg

1/3 to 1/2 cup of milk

paprika to taste

olive oil or other oil for frying

• Heat 1/4 inch of oil in bottom of fry pan hot enough for frying but not super hot because bread has to cook through

• Add large spoons of batter and flatten out a little and fry until golden on each side. Two or three minutes per side.

• Makes about 8 pieces about 2 inches in diameter. Serve with butter and to accompany dinner.

(Double the recipe to make more)

7 comments:

  1. I wish you and keri ann weren't always competing with each other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have to ask? Can anything compete with a Cockatiel wearing a bib!? Oh, yeah, right... an ADORABLE BABY wearing a bib. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a game with no winners...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie is this blog's TROLL! From now on, we should just ignore her posts that are trying to stir things up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. KA just said, "I guess she is kind of the family troll in general, though."

    ReplyDelete