Sunday, March 1, 2009

Zucchini Pie Filling (Kungulleshka)

Ok, here is a coincidental post! Another filling for your pie crust! I tried this filling for the first time today, and it came out very, very good. It is from the Albanian cook book, but slightly modifed. (I'll post my version of the crust later on.)

3 firm zucchini
4 eggs
4 tbsp flour
2 tbsp sugar
paprika and pepper to taste

  • Grate the zucchini into a wide bowl. Salt it, and then let it sit for about 30 minutes. Squeeze as much liquid as you can out--really squeeze in a colander!
  • In a separate bowl, beat the eggs together with the flour and sugar.
  • Add the grated, de-liquidified zucchini and mix well. Season with paprika and pepper (I didn't use much of either.
  • The consistency should be pretty thick and gooey, not watery at all. It's really easy, and quick, and is a good non-cheese alternative if you need one!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Nick! I have never had the zucchini. I have to try it!!! Can we have your tomato pie recipe too? ox

    ReplyDelete